|Making Maps Activities|
activities can be completed by using a Bible with maps or
Google Earth (free).
(1) Abraham’s Travels
(2) Jacob’s Travels
(3) Israel’s Travels from Egypt to the Land of
(4) Conquest of Canaan
(5) Tribal Allotments
(6) Judges of Israel
(7) Major Cities of Israel, Judah, and Competing
Kingdoms and Empires
(9) Israel at the Time of Jesus
(10) The Spread of ChristianityAlso see making maps activities related to the
Ancient Near East.
All of the Making Maps activities include FREE
blank maps which may be used to create visual aids for teaching and preaching.
Rand McNally Bible Atlas (public domain)
Smith Historical Geography of Promised Land (public domain)
Pictures of biblical locations (free)
Israel Antiquities Authority (free)
Bodies of water in the Bible (opens in Google Earth)
Europe across the centuries
Paul's Missionary Journeys
Other Activities on Geographic Perspective
activities offer interactive hands-on
opportunities to become acquainted with significant elements of the
biblical world. You will need Google Earth to do these activities (download it free).
(1) The Ancient Near Eastern Setting
(2) Charting the (Traditional) Exodus Route
(3) Significant Places in Biblical Israel
(4) The Tribal Allotments
(5) Gaining Perspective on the Life of Jesus of Nazareth
(6) Paul’s Missionary Journeys